Retreat Day: 17th September 2021
Himley Hall is the perfect location for this Retreat day. The Hall has been host to many major events in its life time, being a magnet to the Royals back in its prime, and the stunning former family home of the Earl of Dudley. The beautiful building has managed to survive wars, fires and experienced austerity and poverty…all this and still it retains its grand appearance. Fast forward to the present day, the Hall has new life in it, a team of passionate dedicated people who assist in bringing it back to its former self with that subtle current edge. Himley Hall is the perfect location for us to Retreat to.
Teas and coffees will be available on arrival and we will make our way to the Lake View room for a 9.30am start.
What will happen on the day:
- Short introduction and welcome
- Short period of calming, quiet meditation, seated on chairs.
- Mindfulness conversation
- Professional Colour Consultant advising – how to best to choose and select our clothing colours when shopping, and what best suits your skin and you.
- Crystal meaning, meditation and play time. People with Crystal knowledge will be in the room to chat to informally.
- Mindful eating exercise (with chocolate)
- Hatha yoga techniques session with a yoga teacher.
- Gong Sound Bath.
- Calming, soothing meditation to music, laying down on mats. Just being happy, warm and quiet.
- Lunch and breaks throughout the day
- Thank yous and goodbyes.
The day has a nice flow and is easy going, and has been organised for you to feel a little piece of stress-free isolation for just today. Sounds good…
All teachers and instructors are qualified and are here to add to the day. Please inform them of any issues, injuries, or impediments which may be an obstacle, so we can get you comfortable and ready to enjoy the experiences that the day brings.
Hopefully you will be ok with light stretching and yoga. You should NOT over stretch and push yourself – follow the instructor at all times, and if at any point to feel you need to sit out or need help with adjusting into better position, then feel free to rest or ask for our help.
Parking will be paid for in advance for you – just collect your ticket from Reception and display in your windscreen.
Lunch with a view is provided, and you can picnic on the lawn, or eat in – please inform us of allergy and dietary requirements. Himley Hall cater for restricted diets and allergies.
You are welcome to stay in our room to eat, or sit in reception, and you have the option of sitting outside on benches in the park, or why not bring a blanket and sit on the lawn?
Coffee and teas are provided, and jugs of water – please bring a refillable bottle to top up.
What You Will Need
What to bring:
- A yoga or exercise mat
- A refillable bottle (water is available to top up in jugs in reception)
- A pillow or cushion
- A blanket or throw, just in case
What to wear:
- Loose clothing e.g. comfortable joggers
- Comfortable foot wear
- Fluffy socks
- If you want to walk around the grounds at lunch time, bring weather appropriate shoes for outdoors.
17th September 2021, 9.30 -16.00
Currently Himley House is closed due to the special measures that came into effect due to Covid-19. Unfortunately, all retreat days scheduled for 2020 have had to be rescheduled for 2021. We will follow any government guidelines in place at the time.
Pre-purchased tickets: If you have already purchased a ticket for the 2020 dates and haven’t received an email from us, please double check your Junk mailbox and if you have any questions, call Sarah on 07914 495945 to discuss the adjustments.
Thank you to you all in advance for your understanding.
Single tickets are £60.00 each for any date above.
All sales are through Eventbrite.
Booking for this event is via Eventbrite. Tickets are non-refundable for all events. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further clarification. Eventbrite issue all tickets, and their terms and conditions apply. All dietary requirements should be sent in advance when it’s a catered event. Thank you.
Where to Stay
Attending the event from outside the area? There’s plenty of local hotels nearby. Here are some of our suggestions:
– Himley House Hotel, Himley
– The Mount, Wolverhampton
– White Cottage B&B, Seisdon
– Clarabel’s Guest House, Wombourne
All are listed on booking.com or you can contact the hotel directly to book.